Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Reds?

Let's do this!

5 comments:

Sweeney said...

I am out for tonight.

little d said...

If Sweeney is out like hell we go to san pablo. I call my garage to work on our bike project. Creamcycle can you give us a lesson on silver solder and brazing we buy your dinner.

teh grease monkey said...

your garage, as in your garage? or your garage, as in my garage? do you have a torch, flux, silver, etc?

little d said...

My garage here where I live.
I have a torch and a map gas torch which I want to try on silver. I dont know if I have the correct tip for the oxy acc I was hoping we could use a couple joints worth of your silver flux and brass to get us started but if you want would prefer I can probably get to the welding supply store if you tell me what to get.

teh grease monkey said...

i am essentially out of brass flux, so you'll need your own of that. i don't know what the local welding supply has to offer since i buy mine from henry james. you want to make sure it is one that you can soak off (not have to chip off).

As for oxy acetylene you want the smallest normal tip - either a 0 or a 1, iirc.

do you need brass for brass brazing lugs? or building fillets?

...and silver for brazing lugs, i assume, or are you doing something with stainless?