Tuesday, August 17, 2010

2 up loaner?

Anyone have a motorbike capable of riding relatively comfortable 2 up doing highway miles that they wouldn't mind loaning to me?
I would need if from Thurs the 19th through Mon the 23rd to go to Appleton with ol' whats-her-face. I feel like a bit of a d-bag (or, should I say more than usual) because Jessica bought all her safety gear to go motorbiking and now the mighty CX is out of commission for at least a month till I can scrounge up some cash and free time to tear into the engine.
I won't promise any pics of fun bags on your tank, but that's not to say it won't happen.
Let me know!

4 comments:

Duc KiLR said...

I can offer up the KLR. I think it's in fair shape to make the run, but should have oil changed before another long haul. Tires are pretty well shot but the rest is good to go. It wouldn't be comfortable, and there isn't much room for packing gear when running two up. Recall i don't have much in the way of a rack in the back, but you could add an extension.

BTW - WTF are we doing tonight??

Sweeney said...

HQ. Flywheel night.

neumie said...

Paging DucKilr:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/mcy/1891735721.html

Duc KiLR said...

Muchas Gracias on the orange bit of awesomeness. Wish i had the cash to pull that one in to the stable. oh well I'll just have to keep turning the KLR in to a KTM. Kan Learn Riding vs. Kost Too Much.