Thursday, July 29, 2010

Watcha Thinkin

Dates are set: August 11 departure after work to meet up with Nuemie and get out of city. August 12 and 13th are the vacation days taken by all and there are some talkin bout taking Monday the 16th.
I'd like to open up further discussion on trip details. IMO: Copper harbor means beating pavement fer probably a hard 2 to 2.5 days of the 4 to 5.

What is everyones input on the Chequamegon area again. Maybe further north to possibly include Bayfield, Ashland and some South Shore exploration. Similar to last year, less Buck Snort, more tentin.

Also Note: Dispersed camping is allowed in Chequamegon.

7 comments:

KHK said...

Duquette, MN to Copper Harbor MI is 300 miles. If you do it in 2 days it is not a beat, putting you there Friday eve. Ride around Sat trying to work south, then Sunday people can split Sunday morning and ride ~300miles home, and those with Monday off get to ride more and work home slower. We once came home from Soo in 2 days, we have done Black Hills in a day, I think the point here is you're supposed to suffer, and don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Snoegoer said...

I've done 375 miles in a day on a dualsport on the highway. It sucks. Why not hammer less and enjoy dirt, gravel and adventure more.

Black hills return trip was on sport bikes. Black hills trip sucked getting there and back, on dualsports and sport bikes. The adventure was when we were there.

Maybe I'm alone and if I am I'll sit back and KHK can be funship director.

I'm more interested in the adventure and exploring aspect. I could care less about spending part of a Saturday in Copper Harbor to turn around and come back at warp speed. I would rather spend more time exploring and actually taking in my surroundings, wherever that is.

That's my input.

Spaniard said...

I agree!! I'm in for Copper Harbor if that is the consensus, but would prefer not having to ride the 2x4 for 300 miles in one sitting to make it home. I have a better bike for that kind of riding. Exploring more if the Cherunwhatyabrung Forest sounds like fun and the South Shore of Lake Superior would be cool. There is the Anchor, the South Shore Brewery, and then there is always brapping on shoreline. Don't forget the Hammer Schloggin. Quiet, Schloggin!!!!

KHK said...

If everyone takes Monday off this would be very easy to figure out, if not no big deal, it will get figured out along the way.

Sweeney said...

I am down for taking Monday off.

Snoegoer said...

I guess I'm not communicating effectively.

I'm not asking anyone to shorten their Vacation.
I'm not asking to ride any less miles.
I'm not asking to ride less dirt.

I am asking is to look at a geographic area that allows for those with only 2 vacation days the opportunity to hang out with everyone a little longer and allows Sunday departies a closer run home.

neumie said...

It sounds like this would be best settled with airsoft guns at dusk.