Friday, May 1, 2009

The New Ticker on Ice!





Thursday was a productive day. I turned 32, had a wonderful Summit IPA Cask Beer, and made some headway on the transplant. Actually it was just prep work. Problem is the FI motor only has one pickup for the ignition and the carb motor has two. No problem you might say but the problem lies in the fact that the carb motor has its pickup wires exiting the motor through a plug in the front of the cases.

Ok ok ok. Go check your cases boys. I'll wait.... See what I am talking about. The FI motor is lacking that very important orifice. Luckily the threads in the case are the same as the oil drain plug. Unluckily it is an uncommon metric thread. Luckily I found one at work. Unluckily I didn't have an extra through plug. Luckily I had an extra drain plug that I made into a through plug.

Now it should be that hard to drill and tap a new hole but who feels comfortable drill in hole into a perfectly good ticker. Its like stabbing a syringe full of adrenaline into someones heart. It might need to be done but you cant help thinking to yourself "I can't believe I'm fucking doing this". Well I did. There is nothing better than owning a nice 5-axis articulating head mill. It made the work easy.


Check out the new hole boys!!! Isn't it pretty.

No comments: