I need the specifics on your Airoh S4 helmet Kilr. I'm thinking about ordering one from a place in England. It seems to get decent reviews.
-size in comparison to Shoei?
-is it worth ~$225?
-do you like yours?
Gelato-are you going to Europe anytime soon and want to tote one of these back with you? :)
[a]http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/airoh-s4-supermoto-helmet-black-p-1239.html?osCsid=2460e8d1a37b4543d1a986655630bebc[/a]
8 comments:
Might be in March... not sure yet. Know for sure that Big Spaniard and his Mama are going in Feb. They might get the wrong thing though.
The airho is pretty nice, so far i've liked it, the shield doesn't seal perfectly and the rain splashes in at the chin bar and mists the visor (tape over the vents fixes this). I think i was able to get mine for about $220 shipped, and at that price it was worth it...but you can find the Shoei Hornets, and Arai XD's for about $400 so that gets pretty close to a draw. I think they are at least $100-$150 worth of nicer helmets.
I haven't worn any shoei's so i don't know how they fit, but i went with a Large and it fits about the same as my Arai Signet GT, also size L. In my experience the sizing is pretty accurate, and slightly oval shaped.
I really like having the peak and the quick release. The liner on the Airoh's is very good, comfortable, and cool. Basically the reviews tell the story pretty well, i would agree with everything i've read about the S4's. And i've like mine enough to consider getting an airoh MATHISSE RS for the street bikes. They are not as nice as the arai or shoei, but they are better than the KBC, HJC, etc.
Take it for what it's worth.
Oh and by the way there is a Hornet DS for like $270 on ebay right now...size large. and in matte black. pretty sweet
Must me winter if we think this conversation is fun and worth sharing with the world. But I will add that my helmet was worth every penny, and "the bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."
just get a size xxl and stuff the extra room with your panties.
On a more interesting note. I just got home with some 1.5" .095 wall DOM tubing for a swing arm. After looking closer I think the rectangular tubing will work better due to clearance issues. Thinking about making a cantelever monoshock swingarm for the Norton.
You mean round over rectangular?
I purchased round. Enough for two swingarms. The rectangular tubing gives you more clearance to work with. 1" wide for rectangular vs. 1.5" for round.
So. . . The size of kilrs helmet isn't that interesting, but we can drone on about the dia of spaniards tube?
This whole post should get deleted and replaced with an ancient Triumph film.
http://www.motorradkarawane.de/video/tuntrailerenglhp.wmv
Post a Comment