Woa' there holers, it's been a while. Where do I start? Star date: last Wednesday, Mission: return man-purse leftover from last official meeting to Spaniard. I head NE on the tiger at a medium pace. I enjoyed the cool evening and the good A/F ratio it had to offer. I arrived to find him and the 'goer stroking their new sheepskins and enjoying the gold-water. "Do you want one(sheepskin)?" they ask, I say no because it would break my HSUS sponsorship. I will regret this in 2 weeks.
Off to Psyc. Sue's to have some pizza and I remind the guys it is International Canned Beer Month, and Kokanee was chosen. After a couple it was time to head, after all this was not even an official night and I should be somewhat "at work" in the morning. Again a nice spirited jaunt down the river on the east side, I was great escaping across the speed plateaus behind Coffman, now me being on the original duel sport with 4" of travel, and goer' on the KLR, I think he should be on my wing. When I get to Franklin he is not on the rear view, so I cross the bridge to the light and he slides into the light at a fork dropping pace, "Did you see that cop do a U-ie?" I had not, maybe I woke him up from nap time and by the time the Kwak buzzed by he thought he/she better check it out. No harm no foul as I drop the 'goer off in the alley and head for home.
Thursday was another good one, why Modelo wouldn't sponsor us. Celebrating the Bachelor formally known as Boo there was a party in the DucKlr's rear yard. (Insert back door joke) Well this party needed a shot in the arm by 10 or so, I suggested Black Bart. I took the normal course and was feeling so confident in my shifting, so much that it would not shift well upon my safe return. At least it was jammed in the top hole. This did not stop the owner from dazzling the crowd with the big air comp, totally escaping the Nazi's across the board jump. However he did not escape the upcoming 38th Street, grabbing a fist full and laying her Down...look for Bart's obit here soon.
Friday I used the wedding rehearsal to make a getaway from work and head to Star Prairie, The Duc knows those roads pretty well, I wanted to just keep riding. At the end of the night I took off for home, in Stillwater I noticed a little smoke rising at stoplight. Maybe a little overfull from the recent oil change? Out the breather to the ex pipe? Hit 94 and was in a hurry to complete the last leg of the Tri, upon exiting and stopping at the light I now feel a pulsating flow on my right inner pant leg, see a good amount of smoke, and smell the oil that has now coated the entire stern of this ship. No low pressure light yet, so I head for home. Safe and sound but 1 qt. short, I had lost the filler cap. Now why did it not fall off the 2 other rides after service?
Saturday we took the Allis Chalmers back out for the real deal, and put some shake down miles on the new racks. Hope to have them painted before we go.
Last:
Stock 850T on CL is Tim's so get it cheap somebody!
Sweeney, nice Bag...very nice I'm sure. Good luck on the glacier.
Last up, what are some thoughts for this week? Chime in now.
Looking ahead there is a Birthday before the trip, I hear a party is in order?
4 comments:
Revive Da TT
I will be in Daluut this weekend for a wedding but should be back Sunday after noon. Nice work on the tire dressing. Kind of looked like my Notrun on the way to the Brookside.
I expect to see some pics of black bart! Is the makeover as nice as I imagine?
Snoegoer, is your b-day this Wed or next?
Update: Decision to postpone this week's meeting. Friday night we will be doing some trip maint.
So, who's going to pull the shampoo bottle out of your ass Mr medium pace?
I've got nothing to say about your spare oil filler cap on your workbench because I had a lil problem w/ plastic wrap as you know.
Anyway, nice dirt trackin' skills keepin her up at 90 per with such a well-lubed rear!
Trip maint?
Post a Comment