Yep, thats right. A dead BMW! Who ever heard of such nonsense? Well its true. After a productive night at Sweeney's we decided to get some pizza at Savoys. I couldn't sit back and watch both Duckilr and Snoegoer make it over the dirt pile without giving it a go. I almost made it but almost wasn't good enough and I ended up dropping the bike. As some of you remember I had a bent brake lever and a few new scratches but nothing else. Or so I thought. The bike ran a little strange and it like to stall after the tip over. Go out to the Garage this morning and the bike started but strange noises were coming from the tank area. As any Holer would do, I ignored it for a while. Actually it was for a block because thats all the farther I made it.
So I unsuccessfully tried to restart the bike when I heard a hissing sound followed by the smell of eggs. Hmmm. eggs = sulfur, sulfur = sulfuric acid ( correct me if I'm wrong), sulfuric acid = battery! Shit! I pushed the bike home as fast as I could, took off the fake tank cover and dug into the battery. Oh fuck, good thing this didn't happen in the middle of the Big Horns. What an ugly mess. I ran inside to get some baking soda and I had my own little 3rd grade science project climaxing! You remember the volcano with baking soda and vinegar. Thats what I had on my bike. I don't know if the Engineer responsible for battery select was hung over from Octoberfest or what, but why in the world would you put a flooded battery on top of your engine on a dual sport, that will most likely get dropped at some point in its life?

This is what it is supposed to look like. My battery looked just like it but it looked like there was a snowball sitting on top of it.
Good thing I ordered a new AGM battery 2 days ago, so I should be back on the road the weekend.
2 comments:
BMW Ownership
Oh yeah, and Jesse Jackson says you better get this fixed or he'll chop of yer nuts.
Wow, can't believe I've got JJ and H in the same comment.
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
Post a Comment